NHL Buzz: Hintz out for Stars opener with upper-body injury

آگاهی و هماهنگی نشست‌های حضوری و آنلاین

NHL Buzz: Hintz out for Stars opener with upper-body injury

نوشتهاز MfgeKraken » دو شنبه آذر 20, 02 1:18 pm

Welcome to the NHL Buzz. With the regular season underway, NHL.com has you covered with all the latest news.Dallas StarsRoope Hintz did not play for the Stars in their season opener against the St. Louis Blues on Thursday because of an upper body injury.With four days between their first game of the season and second game next Tuesday, coach Pete DeBoer will use caution with the top line center to ensure he's fully healthy."We're not going to jeopardize anything long term to rush him in, " DeBoer said at practice Wednesday.Hintz, who sustained the injury in the preseason, practiced Monday in a no contact jersey and had a scheduled maintenance day Tuesday. He was a full participant in practice Wednesday but did not appear in his usual spot on the top power play unit.Tyler Seguin is expected to play center on the top line with Jason Robertson and Joe Pavelski in Hintz's absence Taylor BairdLos Angeles KingsViktor Arvidsson was placed on long term injured reserve by the Kings on Thursday because of a lower body injury.The forward, who was injured in practice Monday, did not play in the season opening 5 2 loss to the Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday and had been ruled out for their first two games of the season.Following the game Wednesday Dylan Coghlan Jersey, coach Todd McLellan said Arvidsson "is not going to be back for a little while.I don't know about surgery, but I can tell you he won't practice [Thursday] and won't play on Saturday against the Carolina Hurricanes."By being placed on long term injured reserve, Arvidsson will be out a minimum of 24 days and 10 games. The move was retroactive to Wednesday, meaning he would be eligible to return Nov. 4 at the Philadelphia Flyers.Arvidsson had 59 points 26 goals, 33 assists in 77 games last season. Dan GreenspanNew York IslandersSimon Holmstrom skated on the top line for the Islanders at practice Thursday.The 22 year old forward was recalled from Bridgeport of the American Hockey League earlier Thursday. He was sent to the AHL on Monday Pyotr Kochetkov Jersey, but with depth forward Ross Johnston being placed on waivers Monday and being claimed by the Anaheim Ducks the next day, there was room for Holmstrom on the roster."It's a good confidence boost, " Holmstrom said of skating with Bo Horvat and Mathew Barzal. "I'm just going to go out there and play my game and do my best."Islanders coach Lane Lambert noticed early on during camp that Holmstrom had a strong chance to make the team."He started well in rookie camp. And he just continued on, " Lambert said. "He played quite a few games last year. We saw a lot of good things from him last year as well, and he was really coming into his own when he suffered his injury. I think he's even taking a step further than that."Holmstrom had nine points six goals, three assists in 50 games for the Islanders last season. Stefen RosnerVegas Golden KnightsWilliam Carrier will not play for the Golden Knights at the San Jose Sharks on Thursday 10:30 p.m., SCRIPPS, NBCSCA, SN1, TVAS because of an upper body injury.The forward will not travel with the team after sustaining the injury in a 4 1 victory against the Seattle Kraken on Tuesday. Carrier had three shots on goal in 5:09 of ice time. He set NHL career highs in goals 16 and points 25 last season for Vegas."He's getting looked at a little further than he did last night Jayden Halbgewachs Jersey, " Golden Knights coach Bruce Cassidy said Wednesday. Paul Delos SantosFlorida PanthersSam Bennett did not play the season opener at the Minnesota Wild on Thursday because of a lower body injury."He won't be too much longer, but he's not here in Minnesota , " Panthers coach Paul Maurice said Thursday.Bennett played 9:43 and did not have a point in a 6 3 preseason win against the Tampa Bay Lightning at Amalie Arena in Tampa on Oct. 5.The 27 year old forward had three points one goal, two assists in three preseason games.
MfgeKraken

نوشته: 4
پیوستن: دو شنبه آذر 20, 02 12:26 pm
Given: 0 thanks
Received: 0 thanks

برگشت به نشست‌ها

اکنون هست

;کسانی که اکنون در این تالار هستند: کاربری نام ننوشته است کاربر و 5 میهمان